Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial infection that was received as a result of an infected tick. Lyme disease causes muscle aches and pains, skin rash (in the shape of a bulls-eye), headache, fever, excessive tiredness, sore throat, stiff neck, and possible sinus infection. Lyme disease is often treated with antibiotics, however herbs are becoming more and more popular to treat Lyme disease. Herbs are natural and extremely beneficial to the body. Herbs also have no side effects.
- Begin drinking Aloe Vera Juice. Herbs are used to treat many of the symptoms of Lyme Disease and to boast the bodies immune system. Not all symptoms are the same so some patients may not need all of the herbs listed. They all will, however, need the Aloe Vera Juice. Aloe Vera Juice can detoxify your body which is extremely important to begin healing. It is also has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Take herbs that boost your immune system. Boosting your immune system will give your body the power it needs to fight infections on its own the way it was created to. The three top herbs for this purpose are Cat’s Claw, Siberian Ginseng, and Echinacea. You can get any of these products at your local health store or from a GNC store or website.
- Stop the growth of the bacteria that causes Lyme Disease. There are 3 herbs that are known for doing this and they should be added to your diet. They are your average garlic (sold in supermarkets), Licorice (you won’t mind eating this) and skullcap. These are thought to be especially effective against the specific bacteria that causes Lyme Disease.
- Treat any abnormal brain functions by taking Gingko biloba. This is not always a symptom so some Lyme Disease patients may not even need this. If you are having trouble with concentration, memory, or any trouble with your thought processes than add Gingko biloba to your diet.
- Treat fatigue. You can do this by using foods rich in Omega-3 (or buy a bottle of it at your local health food store) and by adding flaxseed oil to your herbal regiment. Treating fatigue with caffeine, which is what is normally done, is not a solution. Caffeine has a natural high, but then causes a crash.
- Treat muscle pain. You can do this with a product called Sam-e or with Amino acid supplements containing creatine. Muscle soreness is a symptom that most Lyme Disease patients have so this is a treatment that almost every patient will want to work in to their regiment. Why live in pain if there are natural products that can help you feel better.
- Treat inflammation. Grapeseed extract is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. White willow bark works the same way aspirin does in that it relieves pain and reduces inflammation. It is safer than aspirin, however, as it does not cause bleeding as reported by Dr. James A. Duke, Ph.D. Almost all Lyme Disease patients suffer from inflammation and should consider one of these two herbs.
- Treat headaches and facial tensions with kudzu extracts. This herb may also help with stiff necks that are common among patients with Lyme Disease. If you find that your headaches are more like migraines than you may want to take supplements containing feverfew instead.