Below I’ve compiled a list of local, regional farms and farmer’s markets. If you know of other local resources for sustainable living please let me know by leaving a comment with a link. Thanks!
Memphis Area Farmer’s Markets
Memphis Area Farms
- Cedar Hill Farms – Fruits and vegetables in season
- Renaissance Farms – Grass fed meat
- Mathis Creek Farm – Grass Fed Beef
- Downing Hollow Farm – Fruits and vegetable in season (CS)
- M4-D Ranch Grass Finished Beef – pastured beef and pork and Bee products
- Jones Orchard – Fruits
- Nesbit Blueberry Plantation – Organic Blueberries
- Windermere Farms – Certified organic fruits and vegetables
- Urban Farms Memphis – Fruits and vegetables in season
- Evergreen Farm – Grass-fed dairy (raw milk) and free range eggs
- West Wind Farms – Certified Organic: All meats, dairy, eggs, vegetable CSA, and more…
- Little t Farms – Dairy, free-range eggs
- Bulk Natural Foods – Fruit, honey, nuts, vegetables
- Harris Farms – Blueberries, Tomatoes, Field Peas, Corn, Watermelons, Squash, Peppers, Okra, Onions, Cucumbers, and more.
- Local Harvest – List of local food resources
- Tennessee Farm Fresh
Local Gardening Resources
Health and Wellness in Memphis
- Intergrative Wellness Research Center Inc. – John Smothers, CTN, MH, Board Certified Naturopath, Clinical Nutrition
- Renew Wellness Spa – Renew Wellness Spa offers our clients high quality, indulgent experiences that enhance their health, well being and natural beauty, leaving them feeling refreshed and renewed.
- Pyramid Chiropractic Clinic
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods Market was welcomed into the Memphis community October 26th, 2008! Serving as a full-service natural food store for the greater Memphis area, Arkansas and Mississippi, our 25,000 square foot facility accommodates a vast selection of natural and organic products.
- Fresh Market – Our stores convey the atmosphere of an old world European market, all under one roof, where you can visit an array of departments: our old-style butcher shop and fish market, bakery, produce and floral stands, and delicatessen.
Transition Community Resources for Memphis
Other Issues in Memphis